Wednesday, January 12, 2011

snowy day brisket~


i find few things as comforting

as coming home after

being out in the snow & cold

(or any weather for that matter)

as a meal that's been cooking

all day in the crock pot

when i walk in the door

the smell makes contact with my nose

and there is an instant calm

as i know

dinner is done





this recipe for corned beef brisket

is super simple

~*~

pre-packaged brisket

potatoes

carrots

1 can of beer

1 can of water




clean & chop 6 carrots into thirds

peel & quarter 6 potatoes


*here's the part the hubs likes*

he did give me a rather odd look

when i ask him if he could get me a can of beer

*at 8:00 am*

add one can of any kind of beer



and 1 beer can of water

&

a little seasoning packet that comes with the brisket

(i have no idea what is in the little packet, seeds, spices & stuff)

set your crockpot to low

&

let it work it's magic for 8-10 hours




thanks to Norma for sharing this recipe with

my mom & i

we love it and think of you everytime we make it

2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

It doesn't get much easier than that! Thanks for sharing.

Like a lot of people I have been searching for a long time for a crockpot that really cooks on 'low' for all of those hours. I finally found an old one at a thrift shop, probably from the 80's, and gave it to my daughter to try...I worked like I remember all of the olds ones did...Does yours really just simmer on low all day or does it boil like all of the new ones that I have ended up 'giving away'? If it works can you please share with me the exact make and model. Thanks!

The Barker's said...

Sounds yummy minus the beer *lol* Enjoy! I love a crock pot meal =)

Has Doug got to use his smoker yet?